If you are seeking a dynamic and challenging role in supporting the development of children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental and communicative challenges, THRIVE has a position for you. Using a family-centred, strengths-based approach, our experienced and dedicated professional staff provide a range of assessment, intervention and community-based services building on the child’s unique strengths, gifts and talents so that they and their families can truly THRIVE!
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre made up of occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech-language pathologists, social workers, therapy assistants, early childhood educators, ABA Therapists and support staff. We provide inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care, an on-site childcare program and resource support to community childcare centres in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
We are looking for one full-time permanent IT Systems Administrator. This position is responsible for daily support and management of all IT in a multi-site environment including technical support, IT systems training for staff, and IT security. Additionally, this position will support our strategic IT planning, provide IT project management support and disaster recovery support. The position will be located out of our Johnson Ave office in Sault Ste. Marie, with travel to the other SSM office and district offices.
We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, we also offer: a competitive salary, group insurance and dental/ health benefits after three months, a flexible schedule, generous paid time off options (including winter break office closure), professional development and growth opportunities, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan – HOOPP).
What we need from you:
• Graduate from a program in Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology, Computer System Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 4 years of experience delivering IT services, providing end-user desktop support, and dealing with a variety of hardware, software and communications systems and networks is required.
• Experienced developing and facilitating educational training programs for staff on new software and hardware
• Strong customer service skills including the ability to communicate professionally and courteously across all levels and positions.
• Demonstrated application in managing and maintaining Microsoft 365 applications and infrastructure (i.e., Exchange, Teams, SharePoint and AzureAD).
• Demonstrated experience managing third-party contracts related to technology is an asset.
• Microsoft and CompTIA Network+ certifications are an asset.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills and excellent non-technical communication skills, both in written and oral formats
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, balanced with working collaboratively within a team.
• Ability to problem-solve, develop strategies and course of action to follow.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
• Satisfactory criminal background check and vulnerable sector screen (CPIC)
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• Willing to work flexible hours and to travel across the District of Algoma.
• The ability to communicate in both official languages in an asset.
We are located in Northeastern Ontario with our home office in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie. If you enjoy big city life with a small town feel and love the outdoors, the Soo is the place for you. Check out what the Soo has to offer at https://welcometossm.com/live/. Eligibility for a moving allowance will be considered.
If you are interested in joining an amazing team of professionals to creating a future of possibilities for children, submit your resume to: [email protected], referencing “IT Systems Administrator” in the subject line. Application deadline: March 4, 2022
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. THRIVE’s requirement that employees be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Human Rights Code.